Gift this class
Woodend: Create a Healing Garden retreat
Children intuitively create hiding places when they need to withdraw yet as adults we are expected to manage our feelings and the pain they can cause while carrying on as normal. Deep down, we long for a safe, nurturing, womb like place to let go of the hurt and find our way forward again. This course is about creating that place.. discovering the uniquely individual elements that make it feel safe and healing for you.
Designed for people with no design experience, this is an exciting short course encompassing landscape design and personal development that will take each person on a journey of discovery. We explore what makes a garden a personal healing retreat, the power of positive memories and how to infuse them into a design, the steps to design your own garden retreat and professional guidance through the design process, ending with a plan for your own personalised healing garden retreat.
Day 1: Healing gardens & personal connection, Finding your dreaming place, assessing & measuring the site.
Day 2: Feelings of freedom, personal elements of healing, the vision, plotting the site on a plan, sketching ideas.
Day 3: Designing the retreat, plant choice, planning the making, translating principles to groups.
9.00am - 5.00pm, May 24th
1:00pm - 7.00pm, May 30th
9:00am - 5:00pm, May 31st
- What makes a garden a place of healing, specific to each person
- Your personal connections to elements of healing
- How to design, plant and plan the making of a healing garden for your space
- Insight to your own nature connection and elements of healing
- Guidance to connect to positive memories with a professional counsellor
- Take home the design for your own healing sanctuary
- Some preparation before second day to measure up the garden space and collect images. Instructions will be sent on receipt of booking.
Whatever you feel comfortable and oozing with confidence in!
Suitable for anyone with an interest and keen to learn. No need to be Leonardo daVinci with a pencil, there will be help to shape your ideas into a design.